    Thanks!

    -BrianDP
    Best Data Processing

    BrianDP, Aug 10, 2010

  2. BrianDP <> wrote in
    news:
    :

    > I have an application that I wrote in Access, Client/Server,
    > "Split" Database if you like. Some of the workstations run on
    > Access 2007, and they work fine. We got some NEW installations
    > faster newer
    ><better??> Anyway I figured try the application out on multiple
    > versions of Access. It works on all the versions of Office I
    > have, EXCEPT Office 2010. Does anyone know of anything special
    > about office 2010?

    Well, what doesn't work?

    --
    David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
    contact via website only http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

    David W. Fenton, Aug 11, 2010

  3. BrianDP

    BrianDP Guest

    On Aug 10, 8:12 pm, "David W. Fenton" <>
    wrote:
    > BrianDP <> wrote innews:
    > :
    >
    > > I have an application that I wrote in Access, Client/Server,
    > > "Split" Database if you like.  Some of the workstations run on
    > > Access 2007, and they work fine.  We got some NEW installations
    > > faster newer
    > ><better??>  Anyway I figured try the application out on multiple
    > > versions of Access.  It works on all the versions of Office I
    > > have, EXCEPT Office 2010.   Does anyone know of anything special
    > > about office 2010?

    > Well, what doesn't work?
    >
    > --
    > David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
    > contact via website only    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

    It opens, and just sits there. It says it's calculating along the
    bottom. Fairly quickly, the application turns all white, and
    crashes. I've tried removing any code that may be running when that
    form opens, but it still hangs on open. The very same application
    when you run it on a 2007 or earlier install works just fine.

    Any clues?

    -BrianDP

    BrianDP, Aug 11, 2010
  4. BrianDP <> wrote in
    m:

    > On Aug 10, 8:12 pm, "David W. Fenton"
    > <> wrote:
    >> BrianDP <> wrote
    >> innews:30419d8e-ee16-4e7c-a347-0ad30a66c

    >> :
    >>
    >> > I have an application that I wrote in Access, Client/Server,
    >> > "Split" Database if you like.  Some of the workstations run on
    >> > Access 2007, and they work fine.  We got some NEW installations
    >> > faster newer
    >> ><better??>  Anyway I figured try the application out on multiple
    >> > versions of Access.  It works on all the versions of Office I
    >> > have, EXCEPT Office 2010.   Does anyone know of anything
    >> > special about office 2010?

    >> Well, what doesn't work?

    > It opens,

    What opens?

    > and just sits there.

    What are you expecting it to do?

    > It says it's calculating along the
    > bottom. Fairly quickly, the application turns all white, and
    > crashes. I've tried removing any code that may be running when
    > that form opens, but it still hangs on open. The very same
    > application when you run it on a 2007 or earlier install works
    > just fine.
    >
    > Any clues?

    Have you tried all the corruption troubleshooting methods first?

    David W. Fenton, Aug 11, 2010
  5. BrianDP

    BrianDP Guest

    On Aug 11, 5:03 pm, "David W. Fenton" <>
    wrote:
    > BrianDP<> wrote innews:
    > m:
    >

    > > On Aug 10, 8:12 pm, "David W. Fenton"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >>BrianDP<> wrote
    > >> innews:30419d8e-ee16-4e7c-a347-0ad30a66c

    > >> :

    > >> Well, what doesn't work?

    > > It opens,

    > What opens?
    >
    > > and just sits there.

    > What are you expecting it to do?
    >
    > > It says it's calculating along the
    > > bottom.  Fairly quickly, the application turns all white, and
    > > crashes.  I've tried removing any code that may be running when
    > > that form opens, but it still hangs on open.  The very same
    > > application when you run it on a 2007 or earlier install works
    > > just fine.

    > > Any clues?

    > Have you tried all the corruption troubleshooting methods first?
    >
    > --
    > David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
    > contact via website only    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/- Hide quoted text -

    Well, I FEEL like I've tried all the corruption methods, but, is there
    a list of them somewhre so I can be sure I've tried everything?

    I'm no access n00by, but this one has me stumped!

    Thanks in advance!

    -BrianDP

    BrianDP, Aug 31, 2010
  6. BrianDP <> wrote in
    m:

    > Well, I FEEL like I've tried all the corruption methods, but, is
    > there a list of them somewhre so I can be sure I've tried
    > everything?

    Well, you should try to avoid various methods of corruption! ;)

    The canonical list for corruption troubleshooting, so far as I'm
    concerned, is Tony Toews's:

    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

    (Grrr -- I really hate how Google now munges the links with its
    tracking crap so you can't copy them to the clipboard directly any
    longer)

    David W. Fenton, Sep 1, 2010
  7. BrianDP

    BrianDP Guest

    On Aug 31, 10:53 pm, "David W. Fenton" <>
    wrote:
    > BrianDP <> wrote innews:
    > m:
    >
    > > Well, I FEEL like I've tried all the corruption methods, but, is
    > > there a list of them somewhre so I can be sure I've tried
    > > everything?

    > Well, you should try to avoid various methods of corruption! ;)
    >
    > The canonical list for corruption troubleshooting, so far as I'm
    > concerned, is Tony Toews's:
    >
    >  http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
    >
    > (Grrr -- I really hate how Google now munges the links with its
    > tracking crap so you can't copy them to the clipboard directly any
    > longer)
    >
    > --
    > David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
    > contact via website only    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

    Okay, I've made sure it's not corrupted. Since I've posted, I've
    discovered some other things. When they open the database, everything
    is fine. it's one particular form, that has several sub forms on it,
    that seems to give it the most trouble. In fact, if you open it to
    another form first, then everything starts working the way it should.
    I thought of writing a little piece of code, that opens the other
    window, and closes it, that way, the database is already "Fixed" But
    what is it about this one form with its subforms, that when it opens,
    it just locks up. It has "Calculating..." at the bottom. and it
    never goes away. What is it calculating? All the fields that are
    sorted on are indexed..

    Help!

    -Brian

    BrianDP, Sep 9, 2010
  8. BrianDP <> wrote in
    m:

    > Okay, I've made sure it's not corrupted. Since I've posted, I've
    > discovered some other things. When they open the database,
    > everything is fine. it's one particular form, that has several
    > sub forms on it, that seems to give it the most trouble. In fact,
    > if you open it to another form first, then everything starts
    > working the way it should. I thought of writing a little piece of
    > code, that opens the other window, and closes it, that way, the
    > database is already "Fixed" But what is it about this one form
    > with its subforms, that when it opens, it just locks up. It has
    > "Calculating..." at the bottom. and it never goes away. What is
    > it calculating? All the fields that are sorted on are indexed..

    Perhaps you should now read Tony's Performance FAQ:

    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm

    It sounds to me like the persistent connection may be the solution
    to your problem.

    David W. Fenton, Sep 9, 2010
  9. BrianDP

    BrianDP Guest

    On Sep 9, 5:26 pm, "David W. Fenton" <>
    wrote:
    > BrianDP <> wrote innews:
    > m:
    >
    > > Okay, I've made sure it's not corrupted.  Since I've posted, I've
    > > discovered some other things.  When they open the database,
    > > everything is fine.  it's one particular form, that has several
    > > sub forms on it, that seems to give it the most trouble.  In fact,
    > > if you open it to another form first, then everything starts
    > > working the way it should. I thought of writing a little piece of
    > > code, that opens the other window, and closes it, that way, the
    > > database is already "Fixed"   But what is it about this one form
    > > with its subforms, that when it opens, it just locks up.  It has
    > > "Calculating..." at the bottom.  and it never goes away.  What is
    > > it calculating?  All the fields that are sorted on are indexed..

    > Perhaps you should now read Tony's Performance FAQ:
    >
    >  http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm
    >
    > It sounds to me like the persistent connection may be the solution
    > to your problem.
    >
    > --
    > David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
    > contact via website only    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

    WOW. That has a TON of stuff in it. It'll take me a week to go
    through all of this, one of these things has to fix my problem for
    sure! Look at all these bugs!

    Thanks David.

    -BrianDP
    Best Data Processing