diacritical marks and comments

I would like MS word to allow me to create and save diacritical marks and
comments to use for reviewing papers. I am an English teacher who corrects
her students' papers electronically, and the creation of this function would
save a great deal of time.

Thank you.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I think you must be using "diacritical" in a way that I don't understand.
What sort of markings are you looking for? Is there some reason you can't
save comments as AutoText?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Kelli, computer geek wannabe" <Kelli, computer geek
news:[email protected]...

Suzanne,
Yes, my department calls them diacritical (as in distinguishing) marks, but
what I mean are copyediting or proofreading symbols (to indicate that two
words should be combined, that a word is mispelled, or that a letter should
be capitalized, for example). I'm not familiar with the autotext features,
but I'll certainly check it out in Word help. Thank you.

Suzanne,
I checked out the autotext features and was certainly able to solve my
standard comments problem that way. Thank you very much.
Kelli

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Ah, yes, I'm very familiar with proofreading/copyediting marks (being a copy
editor myself). I guess you could create these as drawings and save them as
AutoText, but I think that might be tricky. The usual approach for this type
of correction is just to use Track Changes. If you use Track Changes, you
could equally well use the Comment feature, but IIRC, you can't use AutoText
very easily in comments (you can still use it but you have to type the name
and press F3--AutoComplete doesn't work).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Kelli, whose never used autotext" <Kelli, whose never used
news:[email protected]...