    for a program to take that long to load. adobe loads faster than that. help
    please.

    UVB

    Ulric Van Bergen (UVB), Jul 6, 2004

  2. Greetings,

    Have you tried downloading the lastest updates and fixes for Windows XP.
    What about updating the game with patchs from Diablo's website.

    Thanks and good luck!

    Jose Francisco
    Owner of BetaConnect - Providing you a new way in technology
    Still got problems? Email me!
    chicofar at onvol dot com

    "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <> wrote in message
    > this totally baffles me.
    >
    > I have a dell dimension 8100 running winxp home with 384 megs of ram and

    an
    > nvidia geforce 2 mx ultra 64 meg vid card and a 100 gig hd. I see no

    reason

    Jose Francisco, Jul 6, 2004
  3. "Jose Francisco" <> wrote in news:e6o$iv3YEHA.1264
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    Been there, done all that exhaustively. I was hoping that it was just my
    computer draggin when it first started doing that (basically when I
    installed it.) I have all the newest updates and patches for windows and
    for diablo. Nothing helps. I even went through and killed all the processes
    that weren't absolutely critical to system integrity and that didn't help.
    I play Diablo2 close to 25 hours a week and this is getting really
    annoying. I can go to the bathroom when I start the program and be back at
    the same time it finishes loading to the main menu. ARRGGH HELP!!!!

    Ulric Van Bergen (UVB), Jul 7, 2004
  4. Are you running Diablo 2 under Win XP. I find there to be slightly longer
    load times with XP than with Win Me/98. Perhaps it is due to the patches
    that have been put out to allow Diablo 2 to work with XP. Also you may want
    to increase your base memory from 384 Megs to at least 512, that may also
    help.
    Chris

    Chris Veverka, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)

    Dan Corban Guest

    I would make an educated guess that Safedisc is the cause (Diablo2 uses
    Safedisc copy protection). Some CD drives have issues reading Safedisc
    protected games or will kick down to a much lower spin speed.

    Dan Corban, Jul 19, 2004
  6. "Dan Corban" <> wrote in news:OdxkldSbEHA.3204
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    any way to combat this?
    my drive is a samsung 3038b cd-rw/dvd-rom combo

    Ulric Van Bergen (UVB), Jul 19, 2004
  7. Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)

    Farnham

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have this same problem in Win7. I don't want to install any patches, I like the game as it is when it's installed. Is 6GB of RAM not enough?

    Farnham, Jul 31, 2012