    it's just a brief flash on the screen.

    If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
    line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.

    Peabody, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Peabody

    R. McCarty Guest

    Create a batch file with:
    Ipconfig/all
    Pause
    Create a shortcut and modify it's properties for window size &
    placement. When run, the batch will execute -showing the info
    and then idle on the pause command. Any key press will allow
    the batch to finish and exit.

    R. McCarty, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Peabody wrote:
    > I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
    > the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
    > program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
    > it's just a brief flash on the screen.
    >
    > If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
    > line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.

    Place "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all" (without the quotes)
    in the target field of the shortcut.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Peabody

    Peabody Guest

    Bruce Chambers says...

    >Peabody wrote:
    >> I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
    >> the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
    >> program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
    >> it's just a brief flash on the screen.
    >>
    >> If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
    >> line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.
    >>

    > Place "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all" (without

    the quotes)
    >in the target field of the shortcut.

    Thanks Bruce. That works fine.

    Peabody, Nov 30, 2005