    are just a pain.

    --
    New at XP

    Guest, Sep 20, 2004

    Hi,

    Open explorer.
    click on tools | Folder options.
    click on the view tab.
    uncheck the option "show popups for folders and desktop items"

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com

    Guest, Sep 20, 2004

    This may have eliminated some pop-up balloons, but I am still getting others.
    One reminded me after a restart that I had files to save to a CD. It had a
    triangle with an exclaimation mark in it. I have saved all working files to
    a second hard drive and have elected to not burn a CD every time I get that
    notification - which appears after each start-up of the computer (cold start)
    each day.

    Guest, Sep 20, 2004

    That doesn't get the job done. Any other thoughts?
    Gus

    Guest, Sep 22, 2004