    Amos Guest

    How can I change the color of the text under the icons on my desktop? Can it
    be done?

    Amos, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Amos

    mrtee Guest

    I have 2 colors, black or white. Change the background color to change the color of the text.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "Amos" <> wrote in message news:blush:k1Oa.54078$fG.38353@sccrnsc01...
    | How can I change the color of the text under the icons on my desktop? Can it
    | be done?

    ---

    mrtee, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Amos

    Kelly Guest

    Hi Amos,

    By default in XP, it can't be manually changed. The text changes on its own
    from dark to light depending on the color of the background. It is based on
    the Desktop color not the Wallpaper. The combo is whether or not you are
    using a Wallpaper and what the Desktop color is.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    MS-MVP Win98/XP
    [AE-Windows® XP]

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

    Kelly, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Amos

    Knight Guest

    there is a third party program that lets you do this.

    its called WINDOWSFX from www.stardock.com

    http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

    Kenny

    A short listing of its features include:
    a.. True, alpha blended shadows under windows
    b.. Ability to morph windows when minimizing and maximizing (SEE VIDEO IN
    ACTION)
    c.. Several different morphing effects available.
    d.. A set of window opening and closing effects
    e.. Ability to have large icons on the desktop while having normal sized
    icons everywhere else
    f.. Ability to apply light sources to different coordinates on the desktop
    that colorize titlebar/borders of windows*
    g.. Wide range of semi-transparency options such as making windows, the
    star bar, menus, and more semi-transparent
    h.. Various special effects for Windows desktop icons and their labels
    i.. A set of special effects for menus when opened and closed
    j.. User defined size for windows to maximize to.
    k.. Able to add more transition special effects and shadows created by
    users
    l.. and more!

    --

    ......Creativity is intelligence having fun !.....;-)

    For the ones reading technical replies, I would kindly request them to give
    me their feedback with another post (in the same thread of course), so I
    will know if my advice helped them or not.

    Kenny S www.talentgrid.com
    www.computerboom.net

    Knight, Jul 9, 2003