    I can not for the life of me figure out why this button is greyed out. I've
    looked all over the web and I'm sure it's a simple solution. If anyone has
    any advice why my design mode button is greyed out let me know. Thanks

    Guest, Sep 22, 2007

    Design mode is greyed out when you do not have anything on the worksheet for
    which you can use design mode.

    Create a control button or combobox or something and it will come to life.
    In fact, it turns on by default when you create the object so you can
    continue with the design and you have to turn it off before you can use the
    object.

    Regards,

    OssieMac

    Guest, Sep 22, 2007

    RobN Guest

    Are you using the weird and wonderful Vs 2007? If so, I notice that mine's
    greyed out too until I click either the View Code or Properties buttons. Of
    course, if you have inserted a form or Active X Control, then the Design
    button should not be greyed out.

    Vs2007 doesn't seem to behave in the same manner for all people, so you may
    have to find your own way to wake it up!

    Rob

    RobN, Sep 22, 2007

    RobN Guest

    Yeah....that's how it's supposed to work!! But Vs2007 is rather sluggish
    and slow to react, in fact it may need a nudge like I explained in my
    earlier reply.

    Rob

    RobN, Sep 22, 2007

    Thanks