    opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
    again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
    set to low. Any other ideas?

    Guest, Aug 9, 2006

    Cindy M. Guest

    Hi =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,

    > I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
    > design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
    > here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
    > security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
    > opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
    > again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
    > set to low. Any other ideas?

    You don't mention the version of Word... Could the information in this article
    apply?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822528

    Cindy Meister
    INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
    http://www.word.mvps.org

    reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

    Cindy M., Aug 13, 2006

    This is Word that comes in Microsoft Office 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention
    that.

    Guest, Aug 14, 2006

    Cindy M. Guest

    Hi =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,

    > This is Word that comes in Microsoft Office 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention
    > that.

    I thought there used to be a KB article that described this problem, but I can't
    seem to turn it up anymore :-(

    This is happening with only the one document? How about if you copy everything
    except the last paragraph mark into a new document: does this document behave
    correctly?

    > > > I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
    > > > design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
    > > > here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
    > > > security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
    > > > opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
    > > > again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
    > > > set to low. Any other ideas?

    Cindy Meister
    INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
    http://www.word.mvps.org

    This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
    the newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

    Cindy M., Aug 18, 2006