Dell laptop problem - Do dell supply a seperate charger?

Jake

I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard is
not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.

--

It ne'er was wealth, it ne'er was wealth,
That coft contentment, peace, or pleasure;

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Welcome to Dell Support
http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

Welcome to Dell Community Forums
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

:

| I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard is
| not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
| battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.

David H. Lipman

From: "Jake" <[email protected]>

| I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard is
| not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
| battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.

Ask Dell or ask in a Dell News Group. This isn't a WinXP question.

Jake

Thank you like I need that. I can put Dell into a search engine and find
it. I came on here to get advice from IT professionals first hand. Horse's
mouth sorta thing.

David H. Lipman

From: "Jake" <[email protected]>

| Thank you like I need that. I can put Dell into a search engine and find
| it. I came on here to get advice from IT professionals first hand. Horse's
| mouth sorta thing.

You don't get it. This is a MS News Group to support Windows XP.
It is NOT here to support Dell products.
Such questions are Off Topic.

Jake

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Bruce Chambers

Jake said:
I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard is
not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.

Any particular reason that you haven't asked Dell, particularly since
the question has absolutely nothing to do with WinXP, and since only
Dell will know the answer?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

both at once. - RAH

Bruce Chambers

Jake said:
Thank you like I need that. I can put Dell into a search engine and find
it.

Then why didn't you?

Horse's
mouth sorta thing.

Then you definitely should have asked this question of Dell.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

both at once. - RAH

Malke

Bruce said:
Any particular reason that you haven't asked Dell, particularly since
the question has absolutely nothing to do with WinXP, and since only
Dell will know the answer?
And particularly since the same poster had a very long thread about this
same issue where lots of us said, "It's your charger board on the
motherboard and the motherboard will have to be replaced. Call Dell,
Dude". I'm guessing that the problem for the OP is that the laptop is
out of warranty and it will cost. However, asking the question fifteen
different ways is still going to come up with the same answer. Bummer,
eh?

Malke

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Jake,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it appears to be hardware device related issue. I suggest
you contact the manufacturer of the machine to see if they have more
information about this issue.

DELL Customer Support:
http://support.dell.com/

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Jake" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Dell laptop problem - Do dell supply a seperate charger?
| Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:25:13 -0000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard
is
| not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
| battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.
|

| --
|

| It ne'er was wealth, it ne'er was wealth,
| That coft contentment, peace, or pleasure;
| The bands and bliss o' mutual love,
| O that's the chiefest world's treasure.

Plato

Jake said:
I have a Dell D500 latitude laptop and the power supply on the mainboard is
not working. Do dell make a seperate charger? Something I can put the
battery into to charge it without using the laptop itself.

Then have it serviced and replaced.

PA Bear

<LOL> /Another/ county heard from!
Hello Jake,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it appears to be hardware device related issue. I suggest
you contact the manufacturer of the machine to see if they have more
information about this issue.

DELL Customer Support:
http://support.dell.com/

Thanks & Regards,