Dell credibility???

Reaction score
Hi all, i need a new monitor and i was looking at dell as they seem to have some good ideas.

I was looking into getting a flat screen monitor about 17 inch.

But i don't know about that credibility.

Has anyone got one and if so would they recommend them.

Are they reliable that kind of thing?

Reaction score
dell are a credible company, but they don't make the displays.

never heard of any problems

J

Reaction score
aria actually sell surplus Dell stock...

ONLY buy from eBuyer if the display has a MANUFACTURERS ON SITE WARRANTY, if not, buy from another company.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In my experience Dell supply good monitors.

Avoid e-buyer.

All monitors are not the same.

Some good makes: NEC; Iiyama; Philips; Sony.

You should be able to get a very good quality 17" Monitor for a reasonable price.

Just had a thought, when you say 'Flat Screen' do you mean a CRT Monitor (Old Style, Glass tube; big) with a flat screen feature or a TFT monitor (newer, skinny LCD type)?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a Dell 19" CRT Flatscreen here (not TFT/LCD) - its great. Was around £100 and is based on some Trinitron-like technology.

I'd only go for a Dell monitor if you have a Dell PC and want to match, of if they have a particularly good offer on. The makes that Floppy suggested are all a thumbs up from me too.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I have a Dell TFT monitor, had it for a while and its been faithful to me :). Even though i think its 25ms response, i've NEVER had ghosting on any of my games :blush: .

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've got a Dell 19" CRT Flatscreen here (not TFT/LCD) - its great. Was around £100 and is based on some Trinitron-like technology.

I'd only go for a Dell monitor if you have a Dell PC and want to match, of if they have a particularly good offer on. The makes that Floppy suggested are all a thumbs up from me too.
Thanks for that guys.

I think i may do what you suggested and not just get the monitor but the whole package.

Thanks a lot, really helpful.

Ask a Question