    PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.

    Help.
    Maura

    Guest, Feb 14, 2005

    Sonia Guest

    What you want to do is make a new version of your presentation (save it to a new
    name) and then see the info at:

    Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm
    --

    Sonia Coleman
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team

    Sonia, Feb 15, 2005

    Sonia,

    Thank you so much for trying to help me. I made a mistake (apparently a
    HUGE one). I thought this web site was for regular users - not programmers.
    I am a business person who uses PowerPoint constantly for my job - but I am
    not literate about code and that sort of stuff. I need to find a web site
    for "dummies" I think.

    Thank you again for trying to help me,

    Maura

    Guest, Feb 15, 2005
  4. In article <>, Maura wrote:
    > How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to send
    > someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
    > have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
    > PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.

    You can't actually do this, but you can remove the notes from a COPY of your
    file if you like.

    There's a macro to do that here:

    Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Feb 15, 2005

    Sonia Guest

    This isn't a newsgroup for programmers, although we have many very talented ones
    and one of them put that code together. If you check the link at the bottom of
    the page I referred you to, it tells you how to use the code in PowerPoint.

    The bad news is that PowerPoint doesn't have any function to do this for you, so
    that's why the code was written - - to add the function. Other than that you
    would need to make a copy of your presentation (save it to a new name) and then
    manually delete the notes.

    Sonia, Feb 15, 2005

    Shyam Pillai Guest

    Maura,
    If code is alien to you, I've compiled the same routine which is available
    as an add-in to PowerPoint.
    Check out - Toolbox: http://skp.mvps.org/toolbox

    --
    Regards,