    I want to print.

    Help!

    , Sep 15, 2007

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:
    > I previously installed a network printer HP 1300. I now want to
    > delete that printer since I no longer have it. Unfortunately, there is
    > document still in the print queue and I can't delete it. Vista won't
    > let me delete a printer if there are still documents to be printed.
    > I tried deleting all documents as administrator and deleting printer
    > but with no success. Most frustrating is that this printer was also
    > the default printer so I have to reselect my other printer every time
    > I want to print.
    >
    > Help!

    At the Start Orb in the "search" box type:

    cmd [enter]

    You wil see cmd appear above. Right-click it and "run as Administrator".
    This will give you an elevated command prompt. Type:

    net stop spooler [enter]

    You should get a confirmation that the print spooler is stopping. Leave
    the command prompt available (don't close it out) and now you should be
    able to open the Properties for that printer and delete any pending
    documents. Once the documents are deleted, you can remove the printer.
    Always check in the Programs & Features Control Panel applet first to
    see if there is any software connected with that printer you need to
    uninstall first. If not, then right-clicking on the printer in the
    Printers applet should allow you to delete it.

    Once you have finished with that printer, go back to the cmd prompt and
    type:

    net start spooler [enter]

    Malke
    --