Deleted a field from form & table. "Enter parameter value" message

River Rouge Library

Hi, I deleted a field from a table, and then went to the form and deleted the
same field.

Now, whenever I open the form, it asks me to "enter parameter value" for the
deleted field. How do I make it stop doing this?

Or do I just need to delete the form and create it again?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Boyce

Is the form based directly on the table, or on a query?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

John W. Vinson

Hi, I deleted a field from a table, and then went to the form and deleted the
same field.

Now, whenever I open the form, it asks me to "enter parameter value" for the
deleted field. How do I make it stop doing this?

Or do I just need to delete the form and create it again?

Thanks in advance.

Somewhere on that form, you're still referencing the field. The first places
I'd look:

- View the form's Properties. Find the Recordsource property on the Data tab,
click the ... icon by it, and open the query datasheet. If the deleted field
is still there, remove it from the query and accept Access' offer to save the
SQL when you close the query window.

- Check the form's Filter and OrderBy properties, and remove the field if it's
there.

If you still get the error, post back - there are some other places it could
be buried.

Dirk Goldgar

River Rouge Library said:
Hi, I deleted a field from a table, and then went to the form and deleted
the
same field.

Now, whenever I open the form, it asks me to "enter parameter value" for
the
deleted field. How do I make it stop doing this?

Or do I just need to delete the form and create it again?

Thanks in advance.

You also posted this question independently in a different newsgroup, where
you've received a couple of answers. It's better not to do that. It's
called "multiposting", and it's generally frowned on because others don't
know what answers have already been given, and so they duplicate the effort.
Also it's harder for you to keep track of the various replies, and it's
harder for later readers of the question, who may be looking for the same
answer, to learn what they need.

In most cases a single, well-chosen newsgroup will do. If your question
really is relevant to more than one newsgroup, the approved technique is to
"crosspost" it instead, by listing multiple newsgroups in the To: or
Newsgroups: line of a single message. If you do that, the message and any
replies will appear in all the listed newsgroups automatically, which is
beneficial to all concerned.

hek

Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
I have the same issue regarding a field deleted both from the table and the form. I tried your first solution but the field wasn't there. I can't find the form's Filter and OrderBy properties of your second solution. I find Tab Order; the field isn't there. Could you please tell me where to find these two locations so I can try that? I'm using MS Access 2013 if that matters. Thank you.

Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solution suggestion for error happen for - direct use table to create form, and delete field in table will cause 'Enter Parameter Value'.
The the particular field, you can not delete the 'field' in the Form field list as well.
Solution:
1. Open the form in Design View.
2. Left click on the form but out side (under) detail, it might be grey color area.
3. Open Property Sheet, you will see “Record source” with "SELECT tbl....", open that and delete the field with "Expr" field.
(Please noted when you left click inside Detail and outside, the Property Sheet detail are different).