Outlook Default user outlook settings Exchange

Reaction score
I deployed a refirb windows xp pro box to a remote site. I needed to push a default setting for the VPN to all future users so I copied a profile to the default profile. This did not work as expected. Now all users who login, when they launch outlook, they are defaulted to attaching to the work Exchange 2003 mailbox.

The manual fix is easy, however I have users there 24/7 and need it so anyone who jumps on it can use it properly... So I need to find a way to make it so it will find the correct mailbox for the current user logging in.

So users are using a Windows XP Pro loaded with Microsoft office 2003.
Connecting over a microsoft VPN to a Exchange 2003 Server running on server 2003...

Reaction score
Fixed

i found the problem... when i copied the profile over the default profile, i failed to REBOOT the computer, so the ntuser.dat file was locked. having rebooted and re-copied the profile over the default profile, tis fine now.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Jolly good show old bean, spiffing work. ;)

:user:

Ask a Question