Default AutoArchive setting for new folders

I would like to be able to define the default AutoArchive settings when a new
folder is created. Right now I have to explicitly set the AutoArchive
setting on each new folder and I am getting tired of doing this (plus I
forget sometimes)

Roady [MVP]

Change your default AutoArchive setting in Tools-> Options-> tab Other->
button AutoArchive...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
-Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003

Hi there - my question is similar to this. I know how to set the default
AutoArchive settings, I just want to have the AutoArchive switched ON by
default for each folder, rather than OFF. Is there a way to do this? (So
each new folder I create will have Archive switched on automatically)

Thanks
Nicole

-----
NealCh said:
I would like to be able to define the default AutoArchive settings when a
new
folder is created. Right now I have to explicitly set the AutoArchive
setting on each new folder and I am getting tired of doing this (plus I
forget sometimes)

That is exactly what I am looking for as well.

Roady, I looked at your suggestion but the only option there is to "apply
these settings to all folders now". This is not what I want. I want most
folders with it on (this is why I want the default on) and some off and I
will manually change the ones I want it off on.

Neal

NealCh said:
I would like to be able to define the default AutoArchive settings when a
new
folder is created. Right now I have to explicitly set the AutoArchive
setting on each new folder and I am getting tired of doing this (plus I
forget sometimes)

Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Change your default AutoArchive setting in Tools-> Options-> tab Other->
button AutoArchive...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
-Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003

-----
"NealCh" <(e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:(e-mail address removed)...
>I would like to be able to define the default AutoArchive settings when a
>new
> folder is created. Right now I have to explicitly set the AutoArchive
> setting on each new folder and I am getting tired of doing this (plus I
> forget sometimes)
The reason the question is being asked is that a new folder does not, irritatingly and strangely, inherit the default autoarchive properties. You'd think it would but it doesn't. Maybe Microsoft doesn't realize this bug has existed for about 20 years?