DB update - delete error (SP3 problem?)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Mettá, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Mettá

    Mettá Guest

    Following numerous ongoing problems, (possibly caused after installing MS
    SP3) with custom DRWs I now have another problem with a simple DRW access db
    record update or delete.

    Is "DISTINCT" no longer available or something???

    DELETE DISTINCT from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and FirstName='::FirstName::'

    Page 1 posts the Unique ID and First Name as a kind of safety net. The
    following error results...

    Database Results Error
    The operation failed. If this continues, please contact your server
    administrator

    Any ideas folks....

    Mettá, Apr 21, 2004

  2. To use Distinct your would have to supply a field name, as in Distinct(fieldname), however for
    deleting a record, as long as table had a ID (autonumber) field, then you can just use that.

    Delete * from table where ID = " & ID

    WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
    http://www.ycoln-resources.com
    FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

    Thomas A. Rowe, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Mettá

    Mettá Guest

    Hi Thomas

    I have revised the delete query as

    DELETE * from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and FirstName='::FirstName::'

    I am still getting the same error??

    Thanks

    Mettá, Apr 21, 2004
  4. What happen when you just use: