    had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?

    --
    Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"

    Steve Zygote, Oct 29, 2007

  2. Steve Zygote

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...

    > I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
    > daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
    > computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
    > computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
    > over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
    > accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
    > wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
    > file. Can anyone help me?

    update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before DST
    went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix from MS,
    Google is your best friend.

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    HEMI-Powered, Oct 29, 2007

  3. Steve Zygote

    peter Guest

    Hey Steve..........slip of the tongue "wet coast" or not looking forward to
    all the rain that winter brings to the BC coast??
    peter

    peter, Oct 29, 2007
  4. Steve Zygote

    The Doctor Guest

    In article <#>,
    Steve Zygote <> wrote:
    >I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings time
    >regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to
    >the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
    >change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed an
    >article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said that I
    >had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?
    >
    >--
    >Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"

    Use your Windows Update feature.

    It should contain the update you need.
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is Ici

    The Doctor, Oct 29, 2007
  5. If your BIOS setup has a 'use daylight' setting, I would try turning it off.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted

    Mark L. Ferguson, Oct 29, 2007
  6. Steve Zygote

    Steve Zygote Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    > Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion du
    > jour ...
    >
    >> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
    >> daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
    >> computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
    >> computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
    >> over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
    >> accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
    >> wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
    >> file. Can anyone help me?
    >>

    > update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before DST
    > went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix from MS,
    > Google is your best friend.
    >
    > --
    > HP, aka Jerry

    Thanks for your reply. My Windows is fully updated. I don't understand,
    sorry. And what do you mean about the fix from Google? I thought the fix had
    to come from Microsoft?

    Steve Zygote, Oct 29, 2007
  7. Steve Zygote

    Steve Zygote Guest

    No Peter. I call it the wet coast. <grin>
    It has rained now for a week....

    Steve Zygote, Oct 29, 2007
  8. Steve Zygote

    Steve Zygote Guest

    Steve Zygote, Oct 29, 2007
  9. Steve Zygote

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...

    > "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion
    >> du jour ...
    >>
    >>> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
    >>> daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
    >>> computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
    >>> computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
    >>> over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
    >>> accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
    >>> wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
    >>> file. Can anyone help me?
    >>>

    >> update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before
    >> DST went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix
    >> from MS, Google is your best friend.
    >>
    >> --
    >> HP, aka Jerry

    > Thanks for your reply. My Windows is fully updated. I don't
    > understand, sorry. And what do you mean about the fix from
    > Google? I thought the fix had to come from Microsoft?

    you said you couldn't find the DST fix on MS's web site, so I
    told you to Google for it. you do know what that is, right?

    --
    HP, aka Jerry

    HEMI-Powered, Oct 29, 2007
  10. Steve Zygote

    The Doctor Guest

    In article <>,
    Steve Zygote <> wrote:
    >"The Doctor" <2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
    >> In article <#>,
    >> Steve Zygote <> wrote:
    >>>I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings
    >>>time
    >>>regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to
    >>>the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
    >>>change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed an
    >>>article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said that
    >>>had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"
    >>>

    >> Use your Windows Update feature.
    >>
    >> It should contain the update you need.

    >SNIP
    >
    >My Windows copy is set to autoupdate. You mean the autoupdate feature
    >doesn't include the DST fix?

    Maybe. Check what Widnows Update says.

    The Doctor, Oct 29, 2007
  11. Steve Zygote

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Steve Zygote wrote:
    > No Peter. I call it the wet coast. <grin>
    > It has rained now for a week....

    From my various trips to Canada many years ago I couldn't tell which
    coast you were referring to. Both were wet. <vbg>

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Oct 31, 2007