    had the time-a.nist.gov, it would probably work.)
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

    Jud McCranie, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Jud McCranie

    Jud McCranie Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:01:17 -0400, Jud McCranie
    <> wrote:

    >I noticed that the time was off by a few minutes on this computer.

    PS, I doubt this matters, but the one that has the third choice for
    the time website came with SP1 and was upgraded to SP2. The one with
    only two choices (neither of which work) came with XP Media Center
    SP2.
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

    Jud McCranie, Jun 3, 2007

  3. On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:01:17 -0400, Jud McCranie
    <> wrote:

    >I noticed that the time was off by a few minutes on this computer. I
    >have it set to automatically synchronize on the internet, but it
    >obviously hasn't been working for a while. If I tell it to "update
    >now" with time.nist.gov or time.windows.com, it gives an error
    >message. On another computer, those same two also give errors, but it
    >has a third choice - time-a.nist.gov - which does work (usually). This
    >computer has WP Media Center SP2, the other has XP home SP2. Both have
    >all updates.
    >
    >Is there a way to get the "internet time" to work? (If this computer
    >had the time-a.nist.gov, it would probably work.)

    There are *many* time servers available, and you can use any of them
    you want. If time-a.nist.gov isn't shown, just type it in.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Jun 3, 2007
  4. Jud McCranie

    Jud McCranie Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:33:19 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >There are *many* time servers available, and you can use any of them
    >you want. If time-a.nist.gov isn't shown, just type it in.

    OK, I wasn't aware that I could type it in there. I typed in
    time-a.nist.gov and time-b.nist.gov - the second one worked. And I
    clicked "apply" and it saved it. Thanks.
    --
    Replace you know what by j to email

    Jud McCranie, Jun 3, 2007
  5. On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:43:40 -0400, Jud McCranie
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:33:19 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>There are *many* time servers available, and you can use any of them
    >>you want. If time-a.nist.gov isn't shown, just type it in.

    >OK, I wasn't aware that I could type it in there. I typed in
    >time-a.nist.gov and time-b.nist.gov - the second one worked. And I
    >clicked "apply" and it saved it. Thanks.

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Jun 3, 2007
  6. Jud McCranie

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 3, 2007
  7. Jud McCranie

    Frank\(FL\) Guest

    Jud McCranie wrote:
    > I noticed that the time was off by a few minutes on this computer. I
    > have it set to automatically synchronize on the internet, but it
    > obviously hasn't been working for a while. If I tell it to "update
    > now" with time.nist.gov or time.windows.com, it gives an error
    > message. On another computer, those same two also give errors, but it
    > has a third choice - time-a.nist.gov - which does work (usually). This
    > computer has WP Media Center SP2, the other has XP home SP2. Both have
    > all updates.
    >
    > Is there a way to get the "internet time" to work? (If this computer
    > had the time-a.nist.gov, it would probably work.)

    This has been hashed over several times.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...13829?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#92693d77d9b13829

    net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register