Database Server

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There are some problems with the database server at the moment, which should be solved by tonight. I am currently on my way back from Germany and typing this from the airport lounge, so its been quite hard to fix from here.

Sorry if the site becomes a little bit flakey thisafternoon! :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Server still playing up, but I am working on it now again :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm gonna !%*! that Murphy

It only happens when your away enjoying yourself. :p

;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, I know - its typical ;)

Just upgraded the DB server to MySQL 4.1.14 to see if that solves the problem :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ian, I've noticed over the last couple of days that several posts appear to have 'disappeared' - one happened just as I was replying - in fact one still appears under Latest Forum Posts on the Home Page ( ipods are they worth it?) but when you click on it it comes up 'invalid thread specified etc', I have tried searching and can still not find it again.

Is this likely to be caused by your problems with the database server?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Ian, I've noticed over the last couple of days that several posts appear to have 'disappeared' - one happened just as I was replying - in fact one still appears under Latest Forum Posts on the Home Page ( ipods are they worth it?) but when you click on it it comes up 'invalid thread specified etc', I have tried searching and can still not find it again.

Is this likely to be caused by your problems with the database server?

Tango deleted that thread herself :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That confused me too, but it seems Tango_and_Saucepans has deleted some of her own threads - so they are still in the DB just not visible. I've removed them from the main list now so as not to confuse things.

The DB server problems seem to cause the main server and DB server to have communication problems, but they both work independently fine. I'm going through all the server logs today to find the problem, as it is getting a bit ridiculous now!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Tango deleted that thread herself :)

Thanks Bex - all becomes clear! - I assume thats what also happened to the thread by the person professing the 'hots' for Chris Postill recently, she must have sobered up!! :D

(only joking chris);)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Database server still seems to be playing up, and I'm pulling my hair out! :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Database server still seems to be playing up, and I'm pulling my hair out! :(
:(

Plenty back-up then ... :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling its the backups causing it (don't worry, I've got some still ;))

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday I had problems with double posting and editing posts, the server also was very slow, I thought it was my connection but now I know what actually was wrong. Today for about an hour the site would not load and kept coming up with the page stating Database Error.

I am sure if Ian is working on it, it will be back to normal in no time.:)

Ask a Question