    rename objects prior to using them in animation.
    --
    John C.

    Guest, Nov 10, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    PPT 2007 does this. Rename the objects in the Selection and Visibility pane
    (on the Home tab), and the new names show up in the Custom Animation pane as
    well.

    What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
    (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
    Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/index.html

    Echo S, Nov 10, 2007

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    No remedy for PP2003 and below I supposem....:{

    PPT 2007 does this

    Guest, Nov 11, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    No, sorry, not that I'm aware of.

    Echo S, Nov 11, 2007

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    Hi John

    One method that may work for you is to add text to the autoshape but make
    the font colour the same as the shape then it will appear in the taskpane as
    e.g. rectangle 1: <your text>. It depends on the objects and the colour/fill
    they have, but it might help :)

    Lucy
    --
    MOS Master Instructor
    www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

    Guest, Nov 11, 2007

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    What I have done in the past is add text to my objects to serve as temporary
    "labels" such as A1, A2, etc., for those related to an animation sequence.
    After the animations have been finalized or the presentation is finished, I
    delete out the text.

    Guest, Nov 11, 2007

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    You're way ahead of me then ;-)

    Another thing that may or may not work for you (again depending on your
    objects, how often you use the same ones etc) is to save the objects as
    pictures (and build yourself a little library of them) then re-insert them -
    the picture name shows up in the custom animation dialogue. It really depends
    on what you are doing whether this would be practical or not.

    Lucy

    Guest, Nov 11, 2007

    Re: Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacki

    You might also want to think about using vba to add and delete the shape name
    text

    eg

    Sub nameme()
    Dim osld As Slide
    Dim oshp As Shape
    For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
    For Each oshp In osld.Shapes
    If oshp.HasTextFrame And _
    oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = "" Then
    oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = "xx" & oshp.Name
    End If
    Next
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub zap()
    Dim osld As Slide
    Dim oshp As Shape
    Dim stext As String
    For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
    For Each oshp In osld.Shapes
    If oshp.HasTextFrame Then
    If Left$(oshp.TextFrame.TextRange, 2) = "xx" Then _
    oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = ""
    End If
    Next
    Next