Windows Vista Cursor's sticky double arrow

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
When I re-size a browser or any other window, the cursor does the usual thing and turns into a double-headed arrow as I click and drag. But, whereas it would normally switch back to normal immediately, the cursor "sticks" in double arrow mode, for several moments afterwards.

I can move it around okay, it is not "stuck" to the window edge or anything like that.

It happens with either mouse (Logitech G9 corded, and Logitech MX Laser cordless.)

Does anyone have any idea about what I might tweak to get it to work normally again please? It is not a big problem, but it has been doing this for about two weeks now and is rather annoying.

Thank you for looking :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's an odd one! How long does it do that for, just a few seconds? (is this in Vista btw?).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oops, sorry Ian - still half asleep when I wrote that.:blush: Yes, it is Vista, and it just lasts for a few seconds. I just cannot figure out why it should have suddenly started to behave this way. The answer is probably staring me in the face, but haven't been able to figure it out yet :rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

Attachments

• drivers.JPG
    drivers.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 481

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Mucks - no, I didn't know that - the auto update thingy keeps saying that it is checking for updates (Logitech that is) so I took it for granted that the blooming things were updating :rolleyes: I will check that out manually as you suggest. Thank you :thumb:

Aww AB, I will be worrying about that duckling all day now... did he get up before he got squashed by a car, has he made it to adulthood... did he ever find a partner and have eggs of his own...? So much to ponder, so little time.... :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have updated the SetPoint and Drivers, but I'm still getting the double arrow. Even tried a re-start, which is usually a bit of a cure-all, but hasn't cured it.

Reaction score
If its any conselation, mine does it to at times..Wether i'm using a mouse on my desktop or the touch pad on my laptop..Me thinks it might be one of those lil Vista problems..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh that's interesting Madx, it's a "first" for me, because I've been using the mice without any probs for about 18 months for the G9 and even longer for the Laser. Ooh, just thought.... I wonder if my graphics tablet is having an effect? Didn't you say that you used one too (albeit a more professional one than mine)? Hmm... I think there might be some connection in my case, that was the last new peripheral I have added.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Solved

I am giving this old thread a bump, because I think I have managed to "solve" my small, but irritating problem :D

It seems to have been Firefox-related - when I experimented by changing my Firefox Profile, the problem stopped. No sticky double-arrow. Yay!

If anyone reading this intends to try, it is recommended that you back up your bookmarks, etc. I had the"Foxmarks" (which is now called "Xmarks") add-on, so it was a breeze to just re-install that onto the new profile browser, then just log-in. All bookmarks were transferred, as that Meerkat would say.... "Simples!" ;) Also, don't forget any stored passwords (which we all know should probably not be stored so insecurely, but then again, we only store the ones relating to forums, etc., don't we.
nod.gif
)

Here is where you can find a how-to for anyone needing it. :wave:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
V_R said:
Just copying the bookmarks means you loose the fav icons. Copy the places.sqlite file and it keeps them

Just for info... the "Foxmarks/Xmarks" FF addon I mentioned, will keep your icons intact too (still have all of mine;))

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah nice, i guess it backs up the places.splite too then. :)

Ask a Question