Cumulative chart

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by Suri Delhi, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. Suri Delhi

    Suri Delhi Guest

    Hello

    Could help me create a cumulative chart from the Data below. This is
    from a piviot table hence cant create a new table just for the chart.
    I need months on the X-Axis and need cummulative lines for A/G/H/I

    Any help would be appriciated.

    regards
    Suri

    Year Month A G H I
    2008 1 1 1 3 2
    2 6 14 6
    3 3 12 18 6
    4 4 32 32 8
    5 5 10 35 5
    6 6 66 24
    7 7 42 21 7
    8 72 32 8
    9 27 117 18
    10 90 40 20
    11 11 121 88 11
    12 96 60 36
    2009 1 12 8 7
    2 22 12 4
    3 15 12 9
    4 12 16 28
    5 10 40 20 10
    6 12 42 30 24
    7 21 56 35 42
    8 16 104 32 16
    9 9 126 36 27
    10 10 70 50
    11 209 88 33
    12 12 120 60 12
    2010 1 1 10 5
    2 4 28 12 16
    3 12 69 21 18
    4 8 56 64 20
    5 120 30 90
    6 84 12

    Suri Delhi, Jun 14, 2010

  2. Suri Delhi

    Jon Peltier Guest

    I believe you can have the pivot table output cumulative values rather
    than just the monthly values. In addition, you can in fact put formulas
    into columns adjacent to the pivot table to capture the cumulative
    values. To make a regular chart from data that is partially in a pivot
    table, select a blank cell that's not close to the pivot table, insert
    the chart, then add series one by one, not all at once.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier
    Peltier Technical Services, Inc.