    I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
    exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
    implications of purging these files?

    Jim Wood, Aug 20, 2009

  2. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700805.aspx

    Ǝиçεl, Aug 20, 2009

  3. Jim Wood

    Jon Guest

    "Jim Wood" <> wrote in message
    > My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
    > control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies,
    > history,
    > etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:
    >
    > C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData
    >
    > I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
    > exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are
    > the
    > implications of purging these files?

    No major implications at all. Like all 'caches' they're just for speeding
    things up slightly. Get rid of 'em if they bug you.

    --
    Jon

    Jon, Aug 20, 2009
  4. Jim Wood

    Velvet Brown Guest

    CryptNetUrlCache

    These are actually system level files that one cannot change or remove. They are a securely encrypted copy of your entire windows and internet browsing history on the system. Beware, even after you clear the internet cache and history in IE, netscape or firefox, a copy exists forever.

    JimWoo wrote:

    CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
    19-Aug-09

    My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under m
    control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history
    etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under

    C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaDat

    I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," bu
    exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are th
    implications of purging these files?

    On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:45 PM
    JimWoo wrote:

    CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
    My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under m
    control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history
    etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under

    C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaDat

    I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," bu
    exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are th
    implications of purging these files?

    On Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:39 AM
    wrote:

    RE: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700805.asp

    "Jim Wood" wrote:

    On Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:19 AM
    Jon wrote:

    Re: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
    No major implications at all. Like all 'caches' they are just for speedin
    things up slightly. Get rid of them if they bug you

    -
    Jon

    Book Review: The C# Programming Language -Third Edition [Addison Wesley]
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...bd7-ea492fec0585/book-review-the-c-progr.aspx

    Velvet Brown, Jan 27, 2010
  5. Jim Wood

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Re: CryptNetUrlCache

    Another deadhead from egghead

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Jan 27, 2010
  6. Jim Wood

    Jon Guest

    Re: CryptNetUrlCache

    "Velvet Brown" wrote in message news:...
    > These are actually system level files that one cannot change or remove.
    > They are a securely encrypted copy of your entire windows and internet
    > browsing history on the system. Beware, even after you clear the internet
    > cache and history in IE, netscape or firefox, a copy exists forever.

    Actually you can change, remove, or do whatever else you like with them.

    --
    Jon

    Jon, Feb 1, 2010