Crunchers Sauna

Reaction score
Well sitting here in my own home made sauna room:rolleyes:
Computer chugging along at CPU 56c (126f) & still hot outside.
But drinking plenty of fluids & at least i'm doing some good crunching for WCG.
Think i may have lost some weight today & those that know me know i need to loose more!;) :lol:
So who has the hottest crunching pc room then?
Whats the temp like with all Ady's pc's running, i hate to think:eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My pc's cpu is just under 50c, with the fan running at 3500rpm. Its a bit warm in here but its getting slowly cooler as the sun goes down....

Hmmm, i must get a thermometer, i dont know how warm it is in here, but it aint that bad for now.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
34C here :eek:

Honestly tempted to get an air conditioner if things carry on this hot! I can't wait for some cooler weather ironically!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
34C here :eek:

Honestly tempted to get an air conditioner if things carry on this hot! I can't wait for some cooler weather ironically!
Well all fans & aircon units near me are out of stock.
Or shops are selling them a 3 times the normal price:mad:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got air con at work, and i have been tempted to get an air con unit myself. Pricey theough.....

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
feckit said:
So who has the hottest crunching pc room then?
Whats the temp like with all Ady's pc's running, i hate to think:eek:
Actually its not that bad, 32C - but I have all the curtains closed and windows open throughout the house.

CPU temps range from 52-60C :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... it's cooling now.

... ;)

Attachments

• temps 002.jpg
    temps 002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 158
  • temps 004.jpg
    temps 004.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 148

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My main system, socket A XP3200 overclocked from 2.2 to 2.4Ghz, crunching full time.

CPU: 53.5C System: 40C

Which is actually quite a lot higher than normal. Normally 46-48C & 36-38C respectively.

Phew wot a scorcher :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
The CPU & Memory counter looks good Muckshifter:D
Were is it from?
SuperKaramba "Aero All in One" Widget ... only works in Linux. :p

I use a different one on the MJW pc ... GKrellm ... again, Linux only. Google 'em.

;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I gotta whole buncha cold down here if you want some?

What we need to do is send John over for a visit.

Last time he was there it broke a 5 year drought to rain continuously while he was there... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I don't have a thermometer in my apartment, so I dont know how hot it gets in here during the day, but it's the top floor of a five floor brick apartment complex. It gets pretty bloody hot. I'm glad I have an air conditioner that I can crank up as soon as I walk in from work. It's been hitting mid 90's (F) this week. I do sometimes worry about my lone cruncher overheating, but it hasn't been an issue so far.

Speaking of sauna, I recently tried a real sauna. I'm half Finnish, so I had to, you understand. Ahh...nothing like stepping into a room heated to a refreshing 145º (F), and throwing water on the heated stones to make it all nice and humid. :cool: :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Phew, it has finally cooled down now to a comfortable temperature :) Same for everyone else in the UK now?

General_K said:
Speaking of sauna, I recently tried a real sauna. I'm half Finnish, so I had to, you understand. Ahh...nothing like stepping into a room heated to a refreshing 145º (F), and throwing water on the heated stones to make it all nice and humid. :cool: :D

I love saunas :D Every time I check into a hotel with free facilities I'm straight to the sauna, steam room and jacuzzis :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Phew, it has finally cooled down now to a comfortable temperature :) Same for everyone else in the UK now?
Nope - gone down a few degrees, but still around the 30's down here in the South, but now its more humid - so feels just as warm, and looks like it will be for a few days yet :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Nup ... 85% humidity, clouds are building up, hope it rains again ... woke up this morning & it was peeing it down, need some more. ;)

:thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's now 24c outside and cooling....But 30c in my room and doesn't look like it's going to get any cooler, the bricks in this house i'm sure were made from the bricks that go in those electric storage heaters, and give off copious amounts of heat all night long....:(

Ask a Question