Crosstab query parameters

James

I am unable to set crtieria for my row and column headers?
is this just the way it is or am i doing something very
worng?

I get the message the Jet databasse engine does not
recognise [Which Date?] as a valid expression.

james

Duane Hookom

You must explicitly state your query parameter data types. Menu select
Query|Parameters and enter your exact parameter(s) and data types.
Forms!frmA!txtStartDate Date/Time

BTW, in your previous crosstab email you didn't provide any table structure
information.

Duane Hookom

Did you get to the query parameters dialog? If so, enter
[Which Project?] Text (or other depending on data type)

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

James said:
I have done this but this does not seem to solve the
problem of where the criteria "question" goes in this case
[Which Project?]..

James

James said:
I am unable to set crtieria for my row and column headers?
is this just the way it is or am i doing something very
worng?

I get the message the Jet databasse engine does not
recognise [Which Date?] as a valid expression.

james

.

Dennis Hancy

I am trying to do something similar, and having similar problems.

In Query/Parameters... I enter:

[Enter Year]

and pick text as the data type.

Then, in the Crosstab grid, I specify the field, table, and "[Enter
Year]" as the criteria.

When I run the query, it returns nothing. If I happen to hard code
the year in the criteria, it works great.

Any ideas?

(and yes, my year field is supposed to be text)

Thanks.

Dennis

James said:
[...]

I would expect that a column with either a stored or calculated field for
Year would be "Integer" not "Text".

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP