Credit/Debit Card Fraud

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
So, have you been a victim ? ... Do you know of some one who has been a victim ?

My Sister found out today, her Debit card was refused, that someone has cleaned out her account ... took the feckin lot. :mad:

She has NEVER used any of her cards for any online purchase. I been with her all day today, she was treating me to dinner, she still needed a couple of ingredients ... so she popped into Tesco's and found her card was "not accepted" and, she works for Tesco.

First thing she did was get on the phone to her bank, this was around 11am today ... the poor girl was in tears ... :mad:

Now my Sister has one thing on her side, she keeps ALL receipts, and I mean all of them ... :nod:

There were 3 transactions that she had not made. One, believe it or not, was for £2.00 ... this was a Tesco online delivery charge, this charge is for Tesco online shopping charge, no goods, just the charge for delivery ??? :confused:

There was another online transaction, £1.95 for an iTune download ... :rolleyes:

Then there was the FedEx online transaction that cleaned her out ... they knew just how much to take, including the agreed overdraft limit.

Now, although my sister does "look" at her at her Bank online, as I said, she don't do any shopping online.

I have gone through her PC with every "tool" in my arsenal, and I could not find even a cookie, never mind anything remotely looking like any nastie ... her PC is as clean as the day I installed it.

I tell you, my Sister is NOT a happy bunny ... to add insult to injury, the Bank warned her that she may be liable for the money anyway ... oh boy, I don't want to be in the shoes of the person who tells her she may have lost the lot ... this is, of course, pending inquiry into any fraud having been committed.

Security, ha, what a joke ... :rolleyes:

At this stage, we have no idea how they got her card number ... her Credit card was untouched, this was her Debit card.

:wall:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not good :( I hope the bank does the right thing and reimburses her pronto! I don't think she is liable unless she has given her details away or been careless, which clearly she hasn't.

I wonder how on earth those buggers did it :mad:

Reaction score
Someone stole every last penny out of my account, including all availiable overdraft. Came to about £400 or so. Took about a month but the bank paid everything back.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, daughter's 'friends' came back to my place while I was away, used my credit card details (which they found and copied, presumably) to buy stuff.

Fortunately for me they weren't that bright and opened 2 AOL accounts :lol:

They wuz nicked, I wuz reimbursed.

Good Luck.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Your poor sister Mucks, it must have been an awful shock for her, I'm so sorry. But like the others, I hope that she will be reimbursed very quickly, as she really should not have to suffer any loss for something which was very obviously not her fault in any way :nod: Good luck.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
So, have you been a victim ? ... Do you know of some one who has been a victim ?

Friend of mine had his bank account cleaned out, about £2K. He got just about all of it back from the bank so your sister's chances should be very good.
Hope everything works out for her.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
One, believe it or not, was for £2.00 ...
There was another online transaction, £1.95 for an iTune download ... :rolleyes:

They, of course, put through these tiny amounts to check that they can work the system.Once they know it works..........

B*******, all of them.

sol

Reaction score
ive recently had to see a solicitor for a bill i recieved for over six hundred pounds-goods which were ordered online & delivered to my address-so they said.This certain company did not have any copies of what was ordered nor delivered nor who supposedly signed for them.the funny thing is i dont have a bank account,nor any credit/debit cards etc,i pay cash for everything-after the solicitor got in touch with them they have now closed the account but its infuriating,upsetting & very stressful when these things happen-please give your sister my blessings

Ask a Question