Creative Zen Nano Plus

Review Creative Zen Nano Plus

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Chris Pickering submitted a new article:

Creative Zen Nano Plus - Creative Zen Nano Plus

Introduction

We’re always on the lookout for ‘bang for our buck’. Most of us are more than willing to shop around for the lowest price (something made inherently easy with internet based shopping, and various websites which offer up the cheapest price incredibly quickly), and the all-important bargain. Yet in many circles, the general public seem all too ready to stick with what they know about or have heard of, despite the advice of the more educated. To your average Joe Public,...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Bought the product as it looked really good.
The radio was rather poor and could only pick up the strongest (Local) radio stations. Not worth having for the radio add-on.

I used the product for twoo weeks when it simply stopped working. It wouldn't switch on. Oh, and yes, i did check it was not the battery. ;)

The retialer took the product back for a full refund. I'm back in the market for a small player with a radio.

Reaction score
Look on eBay for one with a memory card slot... then buy a huge memory card.

Sorted, with change.

Reaction score
I just bought the Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB for $120 a couple days ago...my first MP3 player...and I'm already going to take it back. It would be a cool little device if it worked properly. I like the design and features but I can't get more than 84 songs uploaded into it even though the package says that it can store up to 500 songs!

I don't know if the problem is the unit itself or if it's the Creative Media Source Organizer program. Either way I get an error message for any file that I try to import into it after it has reached it's 84 track limit (even though it shows that there is still plenty of room for more). I have even tried to bypass the organizer and just copy and paste from my hard drive to the Zen and it still doesn't work!

If I didn't have the simplest knowledge of computers I would never have even been able to transfer any files from my hard drive to the Zen in the first place...I had to do, like I stated above, by copying and pasting the files from my hard drive to the Zen drive because the program that automatically loads when you plug in the Zen USB only gives you the option to rip CD's and the Media Source Organizer doesn't offer any obvious ways or help on how to add files to your Zen from your computer! Although once I figured it out it was a pretty good program (besides the fact that I can't seem to load more than 84 songs!). They just need to make it more user friendly especially for those who are not so computer savvy.

maybe I just have a defective unit, if that's the case and if Creative has a good track record of making quality products that work (and work right) then maybe I was just the unlucky sap who got the rare defective one...like I said the Zen Nano looks great, good size, easy navigation, good sound and great features and if it actually worked right it would be awesome...

Reaction score
can somebody please help me out? i don't know how to record songs from the fm radio!!how do u do that??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:

:lol:

Sorry
tapedshut.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

You two are on Jankers for a week ... report to the main office on Monday for your assignments. :)

Reaction score
got a creative zen nano plus 512mb from ny, wish i hadnt wasted the holiday time buyin it :-(

Reaction score
I obtained a blue Zen Nano mp3 player with 512mb for my 18th birthday, and have been nothing but pleased with the product. I found it extremely easy to transfer songs onto it from my computer, the installation of the program took nearly no time at all, and I was able to start listening to my Zen Nano in twenty minutes or less after having got it out of the package. One thing that I was sort of displeased with, but it has not affected nor will it effect my product, is that the rubber thing that you flip up to put the USB port in will not close now, so it remains open. I was able to fit approximately 118 songs onto it, and it has amazing quality. Kudos!:thumb:

Reaction score
Sue69 said:
can somebody please help me out? i don't know how to record songs from the fm radio!!how do u do that??
Turn on the radio, push the jog wheel, jog it to the right until you find the icon named FM-recording :)

This is an excellent player. Noticeably smaller than the MoVu NX/TX but still the same functions. Only downside to the smaller size is the removal of the USB-plug, making you dependent of a 4-6 pin cable all the time. Usually have one around though both at home and work.
The best things about this player is the battery solution and the non-restricting interface. Using a rechargeable AAA NiMH-battery which you can get with 1000mAh capacity or more, you will get much longer battery life than the usual 18 hours. And it's easy to have a spare with you. Much better than having to stick with a soldered-in battery pack that'll cost you a fortune to change (iPod anyone..). Never mind the included software, the genious with solutions like this player has is the ability to act as an external storage medium like any USB memorystick. Drag and drop, it can't get any easier than that.

the review said:
On the display, you can see what genre of music you are listening to, the name of the track, the time of...
Maybe the review went on a little bit quick? ;-) The player won't show the genre, just the name of the preset in the equalizer.

Recommended highly for people needing a small mp3-player with great sound quality (people without the need to show off with a color screen or other fancy stuff that won't help the player do what it's ment to do)

Reaction score
This is a great little MP3 player. Yes, it doesn't look as good, have the nice display(I also question the point of having a nice display on an MP3 player), or the cool search feature, that the Ipod Nano has. However it beats Apple's Ipod in the one area that matters the most: sound quality. The overall quality of sound quality is exactly the level of sound quality you would expect from Creative (either very good, or great).

It also has features that most (if not all) Ipods don't have (FM tuner, anyone?). I also like the fact that it runs on a AAA battery. In other words, its a good player for what it costs.

Overall, I'd take this over an Ipod anyday (sorry if this is a late post).

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah... I have a 1GB one. I like it, I had no problems with installing or whatever, except some irritating clashes with the software. The reason for this post is, the thingy comes in any of 10 colours. So I chose black, so cool. And, surprisingly, they sent me a truly black player. With white earphones and white neckstrap. Smart, innit? Like Ford T, only not quite so.

Ask a Question