Creative Announces Audigy 2 Sound Cards

Reaction score
Creative announced yesterday that their latest sound cards, the Audigy 2 line, will be soon available. This is the first THX certified sound card, which is quite impressive. Other features include Advanced Resolution™ DVD-Audio with 24-bit/192kHz sound quality, 106dB SNR, 6.1 surround sound from Dolby Digital® EX movies, 24-bit/96kHz recording, next generation Creative MediaSource™ player which allows upsampling of stereo tracks to 6.1 surround sound.

The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 has an estimated street price of US$129.99; and the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 has an estimated street price of US$199.99. Both products are slated for worldwide shipment in October.

I just hope they fixed the damn compatibility problems with Via chipsets and Athlon boards (especially SMP). Since it's been two board revisions, though, I shouldn't get my hopes up. This is probably the exact same chip as the Audigy, with a few extra little features here and there.

For the full press release, check it out here.

Ask a Question