    files to the system dir then I need 2 seperate packages, one for 2K and
    one for XP. Is there any way to tell WinInstall or a similar free,
    packaging application to use %systemroot% or a similar variable?

    Kelly Schutt, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Kelly Schutt

    Gary Pulling Guest

    The files should be placed in a folder using a folder
    property so they are placed in the right directory no
    matter what it is called, i.e. the [SystemFolder]
    property.
    I would assume that WinInstall does this but if not try
    MaSaI Editor.

    Gary.

    packages for
    >distribution through active directory in a mixed 2K/XP

    domain. My
    >question is, how do I create packages that work under

    both 2K and XP (the
    >system folder varies - C:\WINNT and C:\WINDOWS). If

    applications install

    Gary Pulling, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Kelly Schutt

    Phil Wilson Guest

    Here's a complete list. They resolve to the actual value at install time on
    the target system.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/system_folder_properties.asp?frame=true
    --
    Phil Wilson