    free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse.
    Please assist.

    John

    johnnygx, Jan 23, 2010

  2. Tell how how it was "easy" in Outlook 2003 and why it does not work the same
    in 2007?

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

    After furious head scratching, johnnygx asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Jan 24, 2010

  3. Did you use the Contact field on the appointment form? Go to Tools, Options,
    Calendar options and enable Contact linking.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Jan 24, 2010
  4. johnnygx

    johnnygx Guest

    Re: Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emai

    Hi Diane, That box does not appear under Tools, Options, Calendar (there is
    no reference to linking to Contacts). It does appear under Contact Options,
    Link. But that doesn't allow me to link to a client from the Contact
    Section. Please advise. And Thanks.

    johnnygx, Feb 2, 2010
  5. Re: Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emai

    Sorry for mistyping. :)

    With that option enabled, you can add the contact to Contact field in the
    appointment -
    see screenshot at http://slipstick.me/jing/2010-02-02_1351.png

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Feb 2, 2010
  6. Re: Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emai

    Also, you can also right click on a contact and choose Create, New meeting
    with contact then click Cancel invite. That will open the form with the
    contact's name in the Contacts field.

    In Ol2003, the right click had both new appointment and new meeting.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Feb 2, 2010