creating a wireless network and sharing broadband over this.

Reaction score
Bonjour!!!!

firstly let me congratulate the site adminstrators. I have been away for a bit of time so I have not seen the new design till today. Let me tell you that it is simply sexy and sleek. So well done on that part,

Let me describe you my problem. I have three computers. Normally to network for me It was just ut in a nic card in each machine and share the data through an STP cable or UTP. The disadvantage is that eachcomputer needs a wire runing from each one to the other.

So I decided I want to scater these three computers because there is a way of networing them wirelessly. But the problem is I am not sure which hardware I need, do i need a router? I also would like to share my broadband internet connection, and further to this be able to incorporte my laptop to this network once i get it.

So overall it will be threee pc's and one laptop each in a wireless network with a shared internt broadband connection,
Could you please tell me what type of hardware,and where it is to be connected to? is it true one computer need to be the master? And how will i protect this netowrk just in case some1 could hack into it!!

Thank u very much

Reaction score
THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION YOU NEED

Download the Microsoft Home Network Guide

Download this free interactive wizard for assistance in designing your home network. At the end of the wizard, you can print out a list of recommended equipment types for use when making purchasing decisions.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...16-db45-4aeb-962d-03ac1ee12d14&DisplayLang=en
There's also a page of info at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/homenetworking/

Happy networking, pdd99. :)

Ask a Question