    ready made apps I can install on the server to do this or how can I create
    one using asp.net?

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Aug 4, 2006

  2. John Dalberg

    Mark Rae Guest

    "John Dalberg" <> wrote in message
    news:20060804111228.615$...

    > The firewall at work is blocking some technical blogs that I need to read.

    > I have a personal server connected to the web. I was thinking of putting
    > up
    > a web app on it which allows me to view these pages. It would function
    > like
    > services like anonycat.com and anonymizer.com (these are blocked too)
    > where
    > you type a url, it grabs the page and sends it to your browser. Are there
    > ready made apps I can install on the server to do this or how can I create
    > one using asp.net?

    If you need to read these technical blogs (i.e. there is a business
    requirement for you to read them), then ask your network administrator to
    allow you to do so legitimately through the firewall.

    Unless, of course, this isn't *really* why you want to hack about with your
    employer's security policy...

    Mark Rae, Aug 4, 2006