    like =IF(ROW(A3)<AO$1,'Page2'!$A(value from B1),"") = =IF(ROW(A3)<AO
    $1,'Page2'!$A1000,"")

    Thanks,

    Kerry, Mar 15, 2010

  2. Re: creating a formula that looks at the value of another cell and uses that value as the row value for for a referenced cell

    Try:
    =IF(ROW(A3)<AO$1,INDIRECT("Page2!$A"&B1),"")
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard Liengme
    Microsoft Excel MVP

    Bernard Liengme, Mar 15, 2010

  3. Kerry

    Kerry Guest

    Re: creating a formula that looks at the value of another cell anduses that value as the row value for for a referenced cell

    On Mar 15, 5:09 pm, "Bernard Liengme" <>
    wrote:
    > Try:
    > =IF(ROW(A3)<AO$1,INDIRECT("Page2!$A"&B1),"")
    > best wishes
    > --
    > Bernard Liengme
    > Microsoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
    >
    > "Kerry" <> wrote in message

    > > Seems simple enough, but I have no idea how to do this.

    > > Here's an example:

    > > =IF(ROW(A3)<AO$1,'Page2'!$A?,""), where the question marks denotes the
    > > row number, the value of which, I want to get from another cell
    > > altogether. For example,say cell B1 had the value of 1000 and I wanted
    > > to use that value as my row number in the above formula so something
    > > like =IF(ROW(A3)<AO$1,'Page2'!$A(value from B1),"") = =IF(ROW(A3)<AO
    > > $1,'Page2'!$A1000,"")

    > > Thanks,

    Thanks, that works perfectly. I think adding INDIRECT to my excel
    lexicon will be useful in the future too.

    Kerry, Mar 16, 2010