    uptimes with crashes?

    kind regards
    Martin

    Martin Roth, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Martin Roth

    Chuck Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:25:50 +0200, "Martin Roth" <> wrote:

    >I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows XP. I have
    >unstable PC I do not want to invest money in (it's only purpose is playing
    >MP3s), but I want to know if it gets more stable from eg. installing
    >servicepacks.
    >I know the event viewer shows my crahshes, but it does not easily show me
    >the mean time between crashes, and THAT is the value i Am interested in.
    >Is there a program to log uptime periods? And even better, to correlate
    >uptimes with crashes?
    >
    >kind regards
    >Martin

    Martin,

    I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up and down
    times. It logs up and down times, identifies system crashes, and generates up
    and down time statistics based upon filters that you can set.

    The bad news is you have to download it as shareware, as Rundegren has
    discontinued it from distribution. :(

    I did some Yahoo searching, and found several websites that provide it. Some
    websites provide other products with the same name. Beware: One listed website
    provides a similar product, and looks suspiciously like a spyware distribution
    site. :(

    WU from Rundegren is a very nice product and will probably fit your needs. But
    wherever you download from, do a spyware scan after installing it.

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Chuck, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Martin Roth

    Martin Roth Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > "Martin Roth"wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
    >> XP.

    > I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
    > and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
    > crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
    > that you can set.

    Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
    Regards
    Martin

    Martin Roth, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Martin Roth

    Clive Savage Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth"
    <> wrote:

    >Chuck wrote:
    >> "Martin Roth"wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
    >>> XP.

    >> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
    >> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
    >> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
    >> that you can set.

    >Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
    >Regards
    >Martin

    Discountinued.

    Bye for now.

    Clive.

    Clive Savage, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Martin Roth

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth" <> wrote:

    >Chuck wrote:
    >> "Martin Roth"wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
    >>> XP.

    >> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
    >> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
    >> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
    >> that you can set.

    >Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
    >Regards
    >Martin

    Enjoy, Martin. Just lookout for the spyware. :(

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Chuck, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Martin Roth

    Chuck Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:54:18 +0100, Clive Savage <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Chuck wrote:

    >>> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
    >>> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
    >>> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
    >>> that you can set.

    >>Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
    >>Regards
    >>Martin
    >>

    >Discountinued.

    Rundegren discontinued distribution. But it's still available as shareware.
    Watch out for spyware sites.

    Try <http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/downloadhero/13-5-6/>

    AVOID <httx://www.allianceweb.sk/free-download/windowsuptime.php> (URL munged
    purposely)