Covertion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, Oct 10, 2004.

    I need to know if there is a way to conver t a cell value from 123456 to
    1234.56. This value is a nuber not text.

    Guest, Oct 10, 2004

    JulieD Guest

    Hi

    type .01 in an unused cell and copy it
    select the numbers you want to change and choose
    edit / paste special / multiply
    and click the Ok button.

    if you want to be able to enter 123456 into a cell and have it change
    automatically to 1234.56 choose tools / options / edit / fixed decimal
    places and set it to 2.

    However, this will affect all numbers entered in any workbook in excel.

    Cheers
    julieD

    JulieD, Oct 10, 2004