Excel Count number of cells with value between date range - Excel

Reaction score
I need to work out a formula that will allow me to count the number of products despatched between two dates. The dates are in cells A1 and B1, and the other cells with dates of despatch in are in cell C1 to C100. I want to have another cell which basically counts the number of items despatchedbetween the dates in A1 and B1. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sure there may be a better way to do it but one, quick and dirty way would be to use column D with a formula that tests each "C" cell to see if it falls between A1 and B1. If it does, have the formula print an "X" and then simply count the "X's".

D Column Formula: =if(and($c1>=$a$1,$c1<=$b$1),"X","") -- Put formula in cell D1 and drag through D100
Cell D101: =countif($c$1:C$100,"X")

A simpler way could also be to put a formula in cell C101: =subtotal(9,$c$1:$C$100) -- After you place the formula, you then apply a filterto cells C1:C100 testing for greater than/or equal to A1 and testing for less than/or equal to B1. Apply the filter with the C1 through C100 highlighted and view the "COUNT" in the status bar.

I hope this helps!

Ask a Question