    Thanks,
    Fred
    Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

    Fred Smith, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Fred Smith

    bdcrisp Guest

    =COUNTIF(B2:B300,",")

    Try this out

    bdcrisp, Dec 8, 2003

  3. On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:02:29 -0600, "Fred Smith" <> wrote:

    >I want to count the cells which contain a comma. Is it possible to do
    >something like:
    >
    >=COUNTIF(B2:B53,FIND(",",B2:B53)>0)

    =COUNTIF(B2:B53,"*,*")

    --ron

    Ron Rosenfeld, Dec 8, 2003
  4. On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:02:29 -0600, "Fred Smith" <> wrote:

    >I want to count the cells which contain a comma. Is it possible to do
    >something like:
    >
    >=COUNTIF(B2:B53,FIND(",",B2:B53)>0)

    Note that my reply only works for text fields that contain commas. It will not
    work for numeric fields that are formatted to show a comma.

    --ron

    Ron Rosenfeld, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Fred Smith

    Fred Smith Guest

    Hi Ron,

    This is exactly what I was looking for. I want to search text fields, not
    formatted numbers.

    Just in case Microsoft monitors this group, Help could be improved because I
    checked on the definition of "criteria" but never found that you could use
    wild cards in them. It would have been a reasonable guess, but it's too easy
    to post a question to the group.

    --
    Regards,

    Fred Smith, Dec 9, 2003