Cougar DeathFire Gaming Combo

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Vortez have been checking out the Cougar DeathFire Gaming mechanical keyboard and mouse combo - here's a snippet from their review:

Entry-level gaming sets have long been an overlooked market since the mechanical revolution. It is fair to say that not all gamers have resources to buy a full host of premium gaming peripherals which could easily set you back £250-450 (for keyboard, mouse, headset). So we have taken an interest in what is around for the gamers on a budget. The DeathFire combo from Cougar has just hit the market and we are fortunate enough to get our hands on it on it, especially considering the features for the price. Such as a keyboard that features hybrid mechanical switches. 26 key roll-over and RGB lighting, while the ambidextrous optical mouse is fitted with OMRON switches, the ADNS-5050 sensor and has been given a 1000Hz (1ms) refresh rate.

cougar deathfire keyboard.jpg

Read the full review here.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like pretty good value! I'd be worried about finger marks on the brushed aluminium though, but I suppose that's a minor concern.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Funnily enough I've just been looking at budget bundles like this as I'm being tasked with building a new 'gaming' PC for my GF's nephew.

This bundle is £40 at OcUK. Decent price, but I could get him this which includes a headset for the same price, will a 10 year old notice the difference!?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
This bundle is £40 at OcUK. Decent price, but I could get him this which includes a headset for the same price, will a 10 year old notice the difference!?

Meh, probably not! That being said the headphones don't look great, so it would be a shame if they don't last long.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts exactly.... Guess I'll leave it up to his dad. :D

Ask a Question