    Is not valid or corrupted. Other software will open the clip that were
    created with WinTV2000 capture card.

    Any ideas will be appreciated

    Pogo Bob, Jul 18, 2009

  2. Pogo Bob

    John Inzer Guest

    Pogo Bob wrote:
    > If I try to open the help file I get the following:
    > MUI\0409\MOVIEMK.chm could not be found.
    >
    > If I try to import an mpeg movie clip it says :.mpg could not be
    > imported. Is not valid or corrupted. Other software will open the
    > clip that were created with WinTV2000 capture card.
    >
    > Any ideas will be appreciated

    =======================================
    Maybe the following steps will be useful:

    Here's where I find it on my WinXP SP3 system.

    C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\MUI\0409\moviemk.chm

    If you do not have it...try looking in:
    C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\moviemk.chm

    Copy it from there to the correct location...you may have
    to create the MUI\0409 folders.

    Movie Maker has issues with MPEG files....best bet wouild
    be to convert the files to the .wmv format before importing
    into Movie Maker.

    The following freeware programs can convert the files.

    Windows Media Encoder
    http://tinyurl.com/bbal
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&displaylang=en