Cordless Desktop Advice

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for some recommendaions on Cordless Desktop's. The main thing i need is a decent range between the actual keyboard and mouse and the wireless receiver on the computer.

Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You won't get a "decent" range as these things are governed by regulations ... 27MHz RF (radio frequency) to communicate to an average 6 foot coverage, not necessarily line of sight, helps prevent “cross talk” where one device can cause another mouse pointer to move.

I can't see my screen at 6 feet. :D

Consensus on the Internet is Logitech or Microsoft, there are a load of 'others' out there, but be aware also that if you are a dedicated gamer, then you may not like a wireless mouse/keyboard. The 'response/tracking' speed of around 50Hz a wee bit slow compared to a wired USB mouse of around 100Hz.

Oh, and optical is, of course, the in thing these days.

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have This one with my media machine and it works a treat, very happy with it, but I don't operate it from more than three metres away. Had it about six months now and still on original batteries.

You can get that one in Staples and Comet if you don't want to purchase online. Same price.

Logitech do a laser mouse combo as well but it's twice the price of the one I've linked to.

Ask a Question