    Thank you,
    --
    Charles L. Phillips

    Charles L. Phillips, Nov 19, 2005

  2. "Charles L. Phillips" <> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    > I have a folder containing several files. I have 3 drives, C:\, D:\ & G:\
    > (Zip).
    > The Zip drive copies the folder at a certain of the day.
    > I want to do an XCOPY /V of the same folder, from the C:\ drive to the D:\
    > drive. I want the process to take place everyday during the week (no
    > weekends) at a specific time of the day. Then I want a message to "flash",
    > "XCOPY Of "filename" Completed at "time"...
    > Can/will someone direct me to a tutorial of this nature???
    >

    > Thank you,
    > --
    > Charles L. Phillips

    Create a scheduled task (Control Panel / Task Scheduler) and
    make sure to run the task under the same account as your
    foreground account.

    Place your xcopy command inside a batch file like so:

    @echo off
    xcopy . . . .
    echo.
    echo %date% %time:~0,5%: XCopy completed.
    echo.
    pause

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 19, 2005

  3. Hello,
    "Thank You"...
    Can you recommend a good book on writing batch files???

    Thank you,
    --
    Charles L. Phillips

    Charles L. Phillips, Nov 19, 2005
  4. Unfortunately not. There is an alt newsgroup with the words
    "batch.nt" in the name - they might be able to recommend
    something.

    Note that just about all commands have inbuilt help, e.g.
    xcopy /?
    goto /?
    if /?
    set /?
    call /?

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 19, 2005
  5. Charles L. Phillips

    Dan Seur Guest

    To add a trivial note to what Pegasus said:
    A batch file is a plain text file; you can create it with notepad or any
    text editor.
    It may include any of the W2k commands; see Help/ Contents/ Reference/
    MSDOS Commands. All syntax rules seen there apply to a BAT file.
    Its filename always ends with ".bat".
    When executed its behavior is exactly as you would see had you entered
    those commands in that order in a command window.

    Dan Seur, Nov 19, 2005