    PowerPoint 2000

    How can I copy the background picture from a presentation slide master to
    another presentation file?

    LarryW, Nov 26, 2003

  2. LarryW

    TAJ Simmons Guest

    LarryW

    That depends where the background picture is.

    Sometimes the background image is on the "slide master"

    You can copy and paste it from the slide master

    View
    Master
    Slide Master

    Sometimes the picture is on the "background"

    Which is
    View
    Master
    Slide Master
    Background
    Fill Effects
    Picture - Whew!

    If it's there you can create a blank slide....then "file>save as> PNG" to
    get the bitmap.

    Cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp

    awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
    free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
    http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

    TAJ Simmons, Nov 26, 2003

  3. LarryW

    Sonia Guest

    Additionally, you can use the original presentation as a "template". Open
    the presentation you are working on. Go to Format > Apply Design Template.
    Change the "Files of Type" box to Presentations and Shows (*.ppt;*.pps ) and
    browse to the presentation with the background that you want to apply. Note
    that all other Master settings will be applied also - - default font, color
    scheme, etc.
    --
    Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
    Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

    Sonia, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Hello Larry,

    I find that the easiest way to copy the color scheme and background
    formatting (Format -> Background) of a slide from one slide to another
    (including slides in other presentations) is to use the Format Painter tool
    in PowerPoint 2000.

    1) Open both presentations
    2) For both presentations, switch to Slide Sorter view
    3) Window -> Arrange All (so that you can see slides from each presentation
    side by side
    4) Select slide in presentation which contains background you want to copy
    and click on the Format Painter tool in the Standard toolbar.
    5) Select the slide(s) in the other presentation to which you want to
    "paint" the background formatting (and color scheme) and click on the
    Format Painter tool again.

    John Langhans
    Microsoft Corporation
    Supportability Program Manager
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

    For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
    support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
    Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

    Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

    John Langhans [MSFT], Nov 27, 2003
  5. LarryW

    Echo S Guest

    Oh, man, I *totally* forgot that could be done! Thanks for the reminder.

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

    Echo S, Nov 27, 2003