    when i see it in doc & settings. This is driving me nutz I have no adaware
    or viruses as this is a new system with freash copy of win xp pro sp1 with
    all the updates. Anyone know what causing this or is this normal???

    The Bandit, Apr 2, 2004

  2. The Bandit

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    I see 'em here:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files
    C:\DOCUME~1\WESLEY~1.VOG\LOCALS~1\Temporary Internet Files

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Cookies
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History
    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\History
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\History
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History

    I have no idea why you're getting 'em in C:\Windows\Temp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:,
    The Bandit <no@buford> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 2, 2004

  3. The Bandit

    Kenny M Guest

    Wesley,

    What is the C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile tree used for ?

    Would it cause problems if I deleted unwanted shortcuts from

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Favorites ?

    Kenny M, Apr 20, 2004