Windows XP Converto to NTFS and lost prog on start menu

Reaction score
I have converted from FAT 32 to NTFS through the cmd prompt on Win XP HOME.

However on restart after the convert was successful I have lost all my programes on the start menu and startup folder and my name on the profile has changed to Main User.

the programmes still work as I can double click on a file and it opens up.

How can I get my desktop start up menu back to normal?

:crazy:

Reaction score
I have an All user folder, my own name user folder, default user folder *, local service folder * and network service folder*

*- hidden folders.

thanks for the help.

Reaction score
...and your sure windows is logging you on under your username and not default, admin or guest?

If it is I'm afraid the only way i can think of to get those icons back is to re-install the programs, sorry about that.

Reaction score
The system is loading up and not asking me to log on as anyone. When selecting logoff the only option is Main User. The all users settings folder (Docs and Sets) under the C:| is there but it just does not want to use it.

Reaction score
well i have copied them from ALL users to my personal settings folder and all is well. Only a few programmes are not acknowledging and may have to be loaded.

Ask a Question