    How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
    clip" type?

    Please help, Frank

    Frank Martin, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Frank Martin

    John Inzer Guest

    Frank Martin wrote:
    > I download a lot of video clips from the internet.
    >
    > Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
    > quality.
    >
    > I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
    > type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
    >
    > How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
    > clip" type?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    ===========================
    Three free options.....

    Try Windows Media Encoder:

    Windows Media Encoder
    http://tinyurl.com/bbal
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&displaylang=en

    How do I convert other video file formats to WMV?
    http://tinyurl.com/2o8uso
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0065.mspx

    If that fails...try SUPER:

    SUPER © Simplified
    Universal Player Encoder & Renderer
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER
    (the mirror download site is faster)

    Failed again?...
    Try QuickMedia Converter:

    Quick Media Converter
    http://tinyurl.com/a35y6n
    or...
    http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=72

    Good luck...

    --

    John Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Apr 10, 2009

  3. Hello,

    Just to add on, any conversion from one file format to another WILL result
    in a loss of quality. Unless you convert it to a lossless format such as
    AVI.

    Formats like WMV are a lossy compression, they will not make a 1:1 copy of
    your original video. To reduce this, convert with the highest bitrate
    possible. This will result in a bigger file size and mobile devices have a
    limit on how much bitrate they can take.

    ______________
    http://www.tompangbuddy.com
    Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
    Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
    VCD/DVD

    TompangBuddy.Com, Apr 10, 2009
  4. Frank Martin

    Frank Martin Guest

    >I download a lot of video clips from the internet.
    >
    > Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
    > quality.
    >
    > I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
    > type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
    >
    > How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
    > clip" type?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    Thanks, I'll try these.

    Frank Martin, Apr 11, 2009
  5. Frank Martin

    John Inzer Guest

    Frank Martin wrote:
    > Thanks, I'll try these.

    =====================
    You're welcome.

    Let us know the result.

    --

    John Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Apr 11, 2009
  6. Frank Martin

    keaya Guest

    keaya, Apr 11, 2009
  7. Frank Martin

    LQ Guest

    On 4ÔÂ10ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç6ʱ56·Ö, "Frank Martin" <> wrote:
    > I download a lot ofvideoclips from the internet.
    >
    > Most of these are the type of "videoclip" and are of good
    > quality.
    >
    > I want toconvertthese, without loss of quality, to the
    > type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
    >
    > How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
    > clip" type?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    Try:E.M. HD Video Converter
    It is a wonderful video converter that lets you not only convert your
    favorite videos to various HD (high definition) video formats like HD
    WMV Video, HD DivX Video, HD Xvid Video, HD H.264 Video, HD Quick Time
    Video, HD MPEG4 Video, HD FLV Video, HD TS Video, etc.

    http://www.effectmatrix.com/hd-video-converter/index.htm

    LQ, Apr 11, 2009
  8. Frank Martin

    Frank Martin Guest

    The overall reason I want these conversions is because some
    of the AVI files I download cause trouble with Windows
    Explorer causing it to crash.

    When I pass the file thru (for example) "AVS Video Converter
    V5.6" and converting it to the same AVI format, this fixes
    that problem.

    My understanding of all these formats is quite minimal, but
    by trial & error I convert an errant file to type
    "H.264/AVC-1200kbps; audio: MP3 - 192kpbs" and this
    results in a file about as large as the original.

    (Windows XP)

    Frank Martin, Apr 14, 2009
  9. Frank Martin

    John Inzer Guest

    Frank Martin wrote:
    > The overall reason I want these conversions is because some
    > of the AVI files I download cause trouble with Windows
    > Explorer causing it to crash.
    >
    > When I pass the file thru (for example) "AVS Video Converter
    > V5.6" and converting it to the same AVI format, this fixes
    > that problem.
    >
    > My understanding of all these formats is quite minimal, but
    > by trial & error I convert an errant file to type
    > "H.264/AVC-1200kbps; audio: MP3 - 192kpbs" and this
    > results in a file about as large as the original.
    >

    > (Windows XP)

    ========================
    Ok...but file size 'in and of itself'
    doesn't mean anything.