    How can I convert a notepad document to an MS Word document?
    --
    Homer

    Guest, May 7, 2006

  2. Do you have MSWord on your computer? Open the document in Word. Then do a
    save as.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from George Ankner:

    Richard Urban, May 7, 2006

    Radenko Zec Guest

    First go to windows explorer-tools-folder options-
    view-clear or leave blank-Hide extensions for known file types and then
    click OK.
    Select your Notepad file and right click on it go to rename
    and change extension from txt to doc. and click ok.
    On question Do you want to change it click yes.
    And that is all if you have Microsoft Office Converter install with your
    version on Office,if not
    in first opening of that file in word,office will ask you to install
    converter,if you are not save your office installation files on hard
    disk,insert Office CD in your cd drive and click ok to install converter.
    That is all,i hope this will help.

    Radenko Zec, May 7, 2006

    darkrats Guest

    You can also open the notepad document, select all and copy; then open Word
    and paste.

    darkrats, May 7, 2006
  5. Bruce Chambers, May 7, 2006

    Mr C Guest

    Open Word, Go to File, Open and in the Files of Type box scroll down
    the list until you see 'Text Files (*.txt)'. Open the text file you
    want to convert and when you come to Save it do a 'Save As...' and make
    sure Files of Type box is back to 'Word Document (*.doc)'.

    Mr C.

    Mr C, May 7, 2006