    addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same
    headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email
    addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well?

    Rusty, Jan 18, 2010

  2. Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv
    columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used
    "auto-map" to import your data?

    There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any
    circumstances) in renaming columns (fields) to match those of Outlook -
    actually, that exercise serves no purpose (if the sole purpose is to use
    "auto-map") other than being a cause of problems and aggravation not to
    mention a "complete and total waste of time".

    When importing your data, click on the button "Map Custom Fields" when it
    appears and ensure that the fields you want to import (whatever those
    column names are - makes no difference what the <name> is) are mapped
    correctly to the Outlook field you want to import them to. Entire process
    takes a few extra seconds and a lot faster than "renaming columns/fields -
    spending time looking for mistakes" (i.e. only one extra space somewhere is
    all it takes for a field name not to match). If you "manually mapped" your
    fields and something is still not importing - will guarantee that the issue
    is "with the file being imported " and not the Outlook import process
    itself. The Outlook import process may not do everything people want but
    what it does do - it does very well and consistently as long as the fields
    are correctly mapped and there are no issues with the file being imported
    (exception to that statement being PST2PST import/export which can lead to
    future problems that may not be immediately apparent).

    Karl
    Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
    ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
    "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
    http://www.contactgenie.com

    Karl Timmermans, Jan 18, 2010

  3. Rusty

    Rusty Guest