    like consecutive page numbering throughout the document. So far, all I can
    get is page 1-3 of the first worksheet, page 1-4 of the second, etc.

    Any advice? Can this be done?

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006

  2. > I have an Excel spreadsheet that has 3 separate worksheets in it.

    > The documents will all be printed together as one large document and I
    > would like consecutive page numbering throughout the document. So
    > far, all I can get is page 1-3 of the first worksheet, page 1-4 of the
    > second, etc.

    One way is to use:
    File > Page Setup > Page

    Where it says "First page number" type in:
    Auto

    MyVeryOwnSelf, Sep 27, 2006

    Thank you. I also discovered that if I just ask to put "page" in the footer,
    it will print consecutively if I select "entire workbook" when I print. If I
    dont' select that (my default goes to "active worksheet") then each worksheet
    prints with its own page numbering. Very confusing! But I appreciate your
    help.

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Select a sheet and right-click on the tab and "Select all sheets"

    Go to View>Headers and footers.

    Select from the drop-down "Page 1 of ?"

    OK out.

    Right-click and "ungroup sheets".

    File>Print>Print What>Entire Workbook

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Sep 27, 2006

    Hi,

    I have a similar but opposite problem because I want each worksheet to print
    with its own set of page numbers but all I get is consecutive numbers, for
    example, from 1 to 30. I want the first worksheet to be numbered 1 - 6 of 6,
    the second worksheet to be numbered 1 - 5 of 5...

    If I select one worksheet at a time, I can get what I want, but if I select
    multiple worksheets, the total page number reflects the total number of pages
    in all sheets and not the number of pages in the individual worksheet.

    I'm sorry if this is confusing but all I want is a footer that has "page #
    of pages" relative to the individual worksheets but I want to print multiple
    worksheets at the same time. It seems that this is easy if I just have the
    page number, but gets complicated when I add the "of pages" part.

    Any other suggestions?

    TIA,
    Sammy

    Guest, Oct 10, 2006

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Your original post asked for "consecutive page numbering throughout the
    document" but sounds like that was not what you wanted.

    You want consecutive numbering for each sheet.

    Other than individual print jobs, I have no suggestions.

    One of the more knowledgeable VBA people will jump in with some code, I'm sure.

    Gord

    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:45:03 -0700, sammy <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a similar but opposite problem because I want each worksheet to print
    >with its own set of page numbers but all I get is consecutive numbers, for
    >example, from 1 to 30. I want the first worksheet to be numbered 1 - 6 of 6,
    >the second worksheet to be numbered 1 - 5 of 5...
    >
    >If I select one worksheet at a time, I can get what I want, but if I select
    >multiple worksheets, the total page number reflects the total number of pages
    >in all sheets and not the number of pages in the individual worksheet.
    >
    >I'm sorry if this is confusing but all I want is a footer that has "page #
    >of pages" relative to the individual worksheets but I want to print multiple
    >worksheets at the same time. It seems that this is easy if I just have the
    >page number, but gets complicated when I add the "of pages" part.
    >
    >Any other suggestions?
    >
    >TIA,
    >Sammy
    >

    >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
    >
    >> Select a sheet and right-click on the tab and "Select all sheets"
    >>
    >> Go to View>Headers and footers.
    >>
    >> Select from the drop-down "Page 1 of ?"
    >>
    >> OK out.
    >>
    >> Right-click and "ungroup sheets".
    >>
    >> File>Print>Print What>Entire Workbook
    >>

    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:02:02 -0700, Becot <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have an Excel spreadsheet that has 3 separate worksheets in it.
    >> >
    >> >The documents will all be printed together as one large document and I would
    >> >like consecutive page numbering throughout the document. So far, all I can
    >> >get is page 1-3 of the first worksheet, page 1-4 of the second, etc.
    >> >
    >> >Any advice? Can this be done?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Oct 10, 2006

    Thanks for your reply. I'll wait and see what else shows up.

    Sammy

    Guest, Oct 10, 2006

    Pete_UK Guest

    Once you have set up each sheet how you would like it, is it really so
    hard to click on a sheet tab then click the <print> icon, and do this
    for each sheet you have? You could easily record a macro to do this for
    you.

    Pete

    Pete_UK, Oct 10, 2006

    Hi All

    My question is about numbering 1-400 but only putting 1- 59 in one colum
    and 60-100 in the 2nd colum on the same page and then going to the next page
    and starting with 101 and so on. What I'm trying to make is a list of the
    phone numbers on my cell phone, if any one can help me I would really like to
    get this spreadsheet set up, instead of typing each number by hand

    Guest, Dec 9, 2006

    Larryq22 Guest

    It seems like things got a lot easier in Excel 2007. I've had the same
    problem with numbering consecutive pages across worksheets in the same
    workbook, but I had some success in 2007. My workbook consisted of a series
    of worksheets, each of which was a separate section in a report. There was
    also a cover page worksheet and a table of contents worksheet which occupied
    the first two worksheets in the workbook.

    To number all the pages, I inserted footers containing the "&Page" command
    on all sheets on which I wanted the page # to appear. (I omitted this for
    the cover and contents pages.)

    On the first page of the report (third worksheet), I used the Page Layout
    tab, Print Titles button, Page tab of dialog box, First Page Number = 1.
    (You can also get to this dialog box through Print Preview>Page Setup.)

    On subsequent worksheets, I left First Page Number as Auto.

    This miraculously worked, so the entire report is in on Excel workbook, with
    correct page numbers.

    Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!

    Larry

    Larryq22, Dec 1, 2007

    sammy Guest

    Hi Larry,

    I seems Excel v2007 is the answer and as fate would have it, my company is
    upgrading in 1Q2008. I look forward to an answer that i believe should have
    existed in my present version.

    Sammy

    sammy, Dec 3, 2007

    dbp Guest

    Hi,

    So if we're on Excel 2003, the only way to get the page #'s to print
    sequentially is to print the entire worksheet each time. So, if a sheet is
    added somewhere and I just want to print that sheet, it will show as page 1,
    unless I again print the entire workbook?

    Thanks,
    dbp

    dbp, Feb 29, 2008

    Gord Dibben Guest

    That would correct by default but you can work around that.

    You can always go to File>Page Setup>Page and enter any start number you like.

    So......if printing a newly inserted sheet you figure out the last page number
    printed from the previous print job and start from that number + 1

    i.e. First print job printed entire workbook with pages from 1 to 56

    Now you start current print job for only the new sheet at 57

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Feb 29, 2008

    BarbaraD

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi.
    I own a school bus company, I created a school bus repair order in excel. I want to print, not save, consecutively numbered work orders and be able to go back and print lets say another 100 where the first printing left off. I don't want to have thousands of copies of the same repair order with page numbers saved on my computer. Is that possible? If so, how? Thanks for any info! :bow:
    Barb

    BarbaraD, Jan 18, 2013

    BarbaraD

    Joined: