conflict with MBAM and AVG

Tim Clark

From your mouth to Bill{G}'s ear.

Since I am unlikely to use MSE in realtime mode as I already have an
established and proven AV product I would be very disappointed if upon the
final release of MSE that WD were discontinued.

I am still hoping to be able to run MSE in NON-REAL TIME [on demand only] so
I can keep my current AV and WD AND use MSE as a backup AV checker :p

?:)
Tim

Bill Sanderson

Be sure to check periodic published comparative reviews to see the relative
ranking of your chosen a/v product and MSE. You may be surprised.
(Bill G's left the building, but I expect Windows Defender to be maintained
regardless. I do see some risk, but the product is in the OS in Vista and
Windows 7, so I don't think they'll quit producing defs.)

From your mouth to Bill{G}'s ear.

--
If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
you can hear SATANIC VOICES!

Bill Sanderson said:
I have every expectation that Windows Defender will continue to be
available
for any OS for which it was ever available.

Stu

l buddy.

Thank you for the mention - sorry for the late post. How RU?

I`m still here - looking in on a weekly/monthly basis. Right now I`m
observing the boys and girls arguing about where this NG is going or not -
as the case may be. Not like the Giant days of yester year huh? ;)

Stu

Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> OOhh ooHH,
>
> I'm in hot water now, I forgot to ask where is Stu?
>
> Sorry Stu ;-)
> -=-
>

> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
> > Randy,
> >
> > At least this time you are RIGHT
> >
> > I was losing all hope
> >
> > Look around, a see how many helpers, stay a way from Windows Defender NG's,
> > look the others 6 newsgroup, how many posters in this group seldom offer any
> > help, even Jack Ass show once in a while offering the correct help. ;-)
> >
> > Some people are abusing Bill generosity, it is sad to use this newsgroup
> > only to feed there ego
> >
> > Where is Mr Cat, Plun, Dave M, Tom Emmelot and many more, etc etc
> >
> > NNR

> > > Windows Defender News may have depreciated to somewhat of a chat room.
> > > Many MS NG's have become that way. That's fine by me, but at least post your
> > > OT Topics OT ! I will since I like to visit here as much as you do but hesitate when Malwarbytes Coupon
> > > a thread degenerates to something completely off topic from the original OT Thread.
> > >
> > > WD TOS >
> > > <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/support.mspx>
> > >

> > > --
> > > Randy
> > > <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>
> > > <http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch>

Id just remove AVG as its useless, unless your running Malwarebytes in Full Mode.