Configure a WAN for 3 Locations, 1 company

Reaction score
Hello,

Im a fairly new member looking for some much appreciated help! That being said here is my question, thank you so much in advance!

I have a client who is wanting to change computer systems and wanting to make a WAN to where 1 main server will be accessed from 3 different locations. I just need to know what all additionally I will need.

Currently the way the system works is that each location has their own server to where the workstations access their data. All of these workstations currently have static IPs on the switches and all 3 locations have DSL.

In setting up this WAN, do i need to keep the 3 main servers for the locations or can I eliminate them entirely and just make 1 main server for all location's workstations to access the data? Also, does anyone know if there is a good guide on learning everything about VPNs?

All workstations are windows xp, the 3 main servers right now are windows server 2003. Let me know if you need additional details, thanks.

Ask a Question